The Meadows School is an Independent School rated by Ofsted as “Outstanding” in all elements across the inspection.
The Meadows has been consistently rated Outstanding in every inspection since it first opened in April 2007.
“Pupils enter the school with complex emotional and social difficulties. While in the school they experience security, a sense of belonging, and high aspirations which enable them to confidently address their barriers to learning.”
“Pupils make outstanding progress, often from low starting points, as a result of the excellent quality of teaching.”
The Meadows is a purpose built, fully resourced single story building on-site at Country Care which provides a 24 hour holistic, purposeful educational experience where all aspects of the daily routine, education, care and activities are structured to address individual needs and provide learning opportunities throughout the day. Every girl is an individual and our aim to ensure every pupil makes outstanding progress. We strive to give each pupil a sense of self belief by ensuring each one has the opportunity to experience success. We build strong partnerships with pupils, parents and social workers, keeping you regularly informed about progress towards targets, achievements and any problems.
We are a registered AQA examination centre, offering Entry Level Certificates, Functional Skills qualifications and GCSE examinations in a broad range of subjects which can all be assessed on site. We are also registered with Equine Assisted Qualifications to offer a variety of Horse Handling and therapeutic learning experiences with animals. We have qualified Outdoor Education staff who can offer a variety of outdoor activities such as rock climbing, hill walking and canoeing. We are also a registered Duke of Edinburgh Award Centre.
The Meadows School aims to help pupils appreciate right from wrong, to realise the effects they have on other people and to insist they treat others with respect. We aim to help each pupil to reach their academic potential and become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners. We strive to develop the individuals self-esteem and self-image, and provide opportunities for them to develop the social, moral and cultural awareness to become more-constructive members of society.
“The school provides a safe environment for pupils. Staff give excellent attention to the reduction of risk-taking behaviour and the development of positive attitudes among the pupils”
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum, adapted to suit the unique needs of the individual and described through an Individual Education Plan.
- To include the individual in their educational planning, provide continuous feedback and improvement to ensure individuals become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- To ensure opportunities are provided for individuals to learn and apply literacy and numeracy skills in a variety of situations both in and out of the classroom.
- To provide accurate assessments of attainment, progress and achievement that informs future planning and progression.
- To provide a variety of different instructional approaches that cater for the different ways individuals learn, including the use of technology, to support their learning.
- To enforce firm boundaries and structure, with clear codes of conduct and teach appropriate ways of behaving both in and out of the classroom.
- To provide the opportunities for the individual to develop the social skills and moral, spiritual and cultural awareness that will help them to become more-constructive members of society.
“Outstanding personal commitment, strong teamwork and dedication have ensured that the school has maintained it’s exemplary standards since the previous inspection.”