The Aspire Clinic has a staff of Clinical Psychologies, an Art Therapist, Psychiatrists and a Clinical Nurse Specialist and can offer therapeutic services to young people and families who have mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, phobias, OCD, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, low self-esteem and problems coping with stressful life events such as bereavement, family breakdown, bullying and work or school based problems.
They specialise in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Art Therapy and can also offer services such as medication reviews with a Psychiatrist and professional Psychological assessments for Educational Statements.
This organisation also train our staff team in the therapeutic interventions used to compliment the individual sessions with training in Attachment Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders, Eating Disorders and Personality Disorders to name a few.
Contact Country Care Children's home for more information: Click here
Country Care follow the Royal College of Psychiatry’s Core Values “all behaviours has meaning and represents communication which deserves understanding”
Clinical supervisions are held on a weekly basis for the therapeutic staff team with clinical psychologists.
Our therapeutic model is broken down into a number of factors we have;
- A Skills Deficit Model - where we describe behaviours as being SAD not BAD (Skills-deficit And Distress not Behaviour problems and Deviance)
- A Relational Model – Nurturing, safe relationships ‘PAVE the Way’ to a better life
- A Therapeutic Risk Taking Model – Young People who CRASH need to learn to drive, not have their car keys taken away
- A Team Approach – Our teams teach, engage, attach and model.
- Psychological needs assessments for all residents shortly after arriving
- Direct individual work offered to all young people
- Staff support
- Family work if appropriate
- Ongoing staff training
Each young person receives an assessment from the health and wellbeing clinic which aims to also chart progress made and areas of further development required.
The home monitors progress also through monthly monitoring of sessions attended along with measuring these within the homes robust outcomes monitoring documents.
Clinical Team Qualifications;
- Dr Kristina Ivings: Psychologist (D.Clin Psych ; C. Psychol ; BABCP Accred ; Equido Equine Assisted Therapy Level 1’)
- Mary Silson: Art Psychotherapist (MA)
- Di Clarke: (RMN, CBT Advanced Practitioner)